"Sometimes you need to burn bridges to stop yourself from crossing them again."
L. Gabriel (via matt-frick)
"It’s easy for someone to joke about scars if they’ve never been cut."
William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet: Act 2, Scene 2 (via perfect)
"I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds."
Ellen DeGeneres (via psych-facts)
"cultural appropriation. they love everything about us but us."
"Ask yourself how much sense it makes to be more scared of a banana than you are of dying and then remind yourself that you are better than your eating disorder."
"Stop ignoring your pain. Stop telling yourself to get over it overnight. Rome wasn’t built in a day and recovering from trauma is the constant re opening of old scars to bleed out the madness. Stop abusing yourself worse than your abuser did. You are picking up where he left off. This is where you are. Accept your suffering and hemorrhage it out, even if that means hemorrhaging a million and one times."
I’m sorry that you met me."
"Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently."
Abbie Nielsen, Dear Future Daughter (via octobermoe)
5 Things They Don’t Teach you in Highschool:
1) You’re going to leave the house at 2AM, 16 with nothing in your pockets but 50 bucks and a bus ticket. It won’t feel real. You’re going to think you’re leaving, but you aren’t going anywhere.
2) Swallow your fucking pride and go back inside. Lock your bedroom door, put your hands over your ears, bring your knees to your chest and when you’re ready, let your walls disintegrate and the sadness flood in, because baby I promise you, you’ll feel better if you just let yourself drown. Even if it’s the third goddamn time that week.
3) He’s going to taste like Newports, Trident spearmint and desperation. You’re going to taste like Lime-a-Rita’s and anxiety. You will tell yourself you need this. But you don’t. I promise you. You don’t. You don’t.
4) You’re going to have girlfriends who fall for boys who treat them like absolute shit. Do not learn from them. If a boy calls you a bitch, spit in his face and leave.
5) Do it even if it’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do. Even if you’re still convinced that he was hiding galaxies beneath his skin. Because baby I promise you, he was the always dark night sky and you were always the full moon. No question bout’ it."